Monday 6 December 2010

Mobile Broadband - Zoom Mobile Internet

I went on a recent trip to Mexico, did some research and found out that it wouldn't work over there, so looked for a different solution.

I came across zoom mobile broadband, and ended up buying a 4596 modem with a 4506 router, not only did they work beautifully I managed to run up a HUGE phone bill !

The modem can plug straight into a laptop, you dont need the router, all you need to do is put your sim card into it. However, the ipad wasnt compatible, so instead you plug the modem into the router ,which creates a wifi hotspot that the ipad can connect to.

Unfortunately for me, Orange managed to co*kup the topup I bought and didnt apply it correctly, I now have the small matter of a £3000 bill to pay for....

Cant complain about this kit though, it did the job superbly.

In comparision to the Three Mifi, it gives a Wireless/N signal so it has a bigger range, but you cant really fit it in your pocket, where as the Mifi is about the size of a car key, and so you barely notice its there.

No comments:

Post a Comment