Monday 6 December 2010

Mobile Broadband - Three Mifi

Seeing as I only got a wifi ipad (what was I thinking?) I bought a Three mifi to create a wifi hotspot whenever I was out and about and needed web access.

The pricing plan wasnt great to start off with (me being a bit of a cheap skate I went for the pay as you go version), its £10 for 1GB of traffic or £15 for 3GB - which isnt unreasonable, but you only have 30 days to use it!

So I topped up £15 and got 3GB, and after 30 days, I had used.....90 megabytes, and my allowance disappeared, worked out at expensive per MB if you ask me.

I see now that Three have added a new option of £2 for a day, giving you 500mb of data, thats more like it !

Anyway, the unit itself has been great, I live in West Sussex and have not had a connection problem, and the speed is very quick. I downloaded a speed test app for the ipad and it averaged 2mb over 30 seconds - plenty quick enough !

No comments:

Post a Comment